Wednesday, May 31, 2017

36.5 weeks

So I had my ultrasound last week.. they estimated the baby at between something like 4lbs 12oz and 4lbs 15 oz, a bit smaller than I would have thought. Hope my dates aren't off! The OB hadn't seen the report when I saw her the next day, so will find out at my appointment tomorrow what she thinks. I had the Group B Strept swab done  as well.. fingers crossed I am negative again otherwise they have to give antibiotics while in labour.


I did have to stay home with Nicole with her pink eye for 2 days, but luckily didn't catch it! She then broke out in hives for a few days, likely a viral reaction to viral pink eye. They didn't seem to bother her and went away on their own (though we did give some Benadryl).


I then got quite sick.. it started with a really sore throat and turned into lots of coughing. So much that one night (22  May) I only got 2 hrs sleep! :( It was horrible. I went to the clinic the next day and the doc gave  me the week off (which was awesome). I still couldn't nap because the reclined position made it worse. Lots of salt water gargle, halls, tea, warm compresses on throat, vicks vapo rub... then when I saw the OB she said I could take Robitussin. I immediately went to get some and it seemed to help! Started getting 6 hrs sleep on occasion. Still not sleeping the best, last night was about 12-6am. I am now in the phlegm in the throat that won't clear stage...grrr.. I got a bit worried about taking Robitussin since I had heard conflicting info, but read some good reputable studies that set my mind at ease.


The baby doesn't actually feel as low as I originally thought a couple weeks ago, which is actually much more comfortable for walking and moving around. I don't have the same pressure and back pain I had with Nicole at this point, however I am also not trying to take lots of walks like I did with her either. No time or energy! Now that we are at Carling we pick her up right after work, do a bit of play, supper, play then bedtime. I'm lucky if I get dishes done in a night, but Rob has been great helping out more with dishes etc throughout this pregnancy.


I have an OB appointment tomorrow, and next Thursday I have another one along with an appointment with the Nurse Practictioner. I'll be almost 38 weeks so hoping I'll get some sick leave. I really need to 'nest' and relax. There is a lot to do around the house and little time these days.


I bought some yarn and I was hoping to crochet a hat for this baby as well, but haven't gotten around to it :(


That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment