I had a weird thing happen on April 2nd... long story short, I have a bit of a prolapsed uterus. I went to sick parade on the Monday, the next day, and the doc was worried that it may have been baby's head! Too early! He didn't see anything though, and baby wasn't even that low he said, I was dilated.. but he gave me a week of bed rest anyway. My sleep had been so horrible lately that I was happy to take it. I didn't go on full bed rest at all.. I still walked to drop off/get Nicole from daycare and do stuff around the house. That Thurs I met with my OB. She laughed and said no, it's not baby! I kinda figured :) She said just don't lift too heavy and try not to get constipated, it should get better once baby moves up and out of the pelvic area. So I did a light upper body workout the next day and felt fine. On Monday I did some legs (squats, deadlifts, lunges), lighter than usual, but felt the symptoms come back :( On Tuesday I got my Pertussis vaccine (to protect baby from Whooping cough in first 2 months, came with Tetanus shot and something else..) my arm was sore for two days! So didn't end up working out the rest of the week, just some physio/walking.
So I have noticed a few differences from my last pregnancy:
- I never had an enjoyable, restful 2nd trimester. I felt tired all the way through :(
- I have a lot more insomnia this time, waking up at 2am and tossing and turning and not really sleeping the rest of the night
- I don't have the linea nigra, the dark line on my belly (yes!!)
- Diastasis recti a lot earlier this time around.. by the 2nd trimester (end 1st maybe?) I noticed it.
We've had a couple of really nice days where we were able to get outside and get to the park. Nicole just LOVES being outside and exploring - it's a whole new world! It's been great for my mood to get out more, I was really done with winter. Easter this weekend and Rob's mom comes tonight, she is staying for a month. She is debating moving here, so wants to check out the area and see if she could make it work.
Otherwise.. everything is on track this pregnancy. HR has been around 150 bpm, fundal height was 29 cm at 28.5 weeks. I can still walk for maybe 25 min. I walked for that long at lunch hour the other day, then started to feel pressure/had to pee. Seems similar to last time so far.
![]() |
| 28.5 weeks |
That's it for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment